Recorder of voice. Writer of compelling stories. Lover of coffee-flavored coffee. Questor of enlightened living.
Let’s get creating.
After working in radio production for several years, Ryan jumped into podcasting with both passion and knowledge–producing, hosting and editing two podcasts. His work on the religiously-based Compass Podcast won awards. His passion project, The Bad-Ass Dad Pod, follows a pursuit to live his best life in middle-age. Ryan also hosts and produces Pastoring in the Digital Parish, a podcast offering community and resources for ministry leaders.
In his free time, Ryan writes strange-fiction short stories and works on a novel.
Middle age is no time of decline for Mr. Dunn. He’s questing to dunk a basketball for the first time and to restore a neglected pop-up camper. He records quest advancements on Instagram.
- Living our salvation
- Holy Spirit at work in your life
- Missions: making the world more heavenly
- The Social Principles: a vision of Heaven on Earth
- What is Christian Nationalism?
- God’s presence: a model of love
- What is Advent about?
- Exercise your gratitude muscle
- Making new connections through old practices
- Scriptural reflections for mental wellness
- Spiritually healthy ways to take a break
- Moving fear into the harbor of faith
- Bill and Ted and the harmony of creation
- Renounce, reject and resist racism
- Part of the solution or the problem in racism?
- John Wesley’s 22 questions of self-examination
- 8 ways to serve other people during a pandemic
- Why do we love Star Wars?
- 12 ways to impact the environment while social distancing
- Why Christians care about the environment
- Our 4 theological guidelines
- Contemplative practices for Christmas peace
- Eschaton and eschatology?
- For those of us who don’t understand mental health
- Monsters inside
- What is intercessory prayer?
- Witness from the borderlands
- What is radical hospitality?
- When life is good for everyone but me
- Healing power of welcome
- What is social justice?
- Drake’s plan and God’s purpose
- What’s the point?
- Stan Lee and the heroes within
- This is day one
- 5 keys to commitment
- Rethinking Christmas tradition
- When church is a party
- Love shows up
- 5 ways to feed your soul
- Living and the image of God
- How to help immigrant and refugee families
- 5 things we can about poverty
- Diary of a relief worker
- Black Panther, power and love
- 5 tips for addressing racism with children
- Regarding Charlottesville
- Why Christian?
- Holy intersection and Haywood St congregation
- From “perfect” life to better life
- Jesus House at 1209
- Surprised by God’s presence
- Jedi Jesus
Cubbies Crib (staff writer in 2015)
- Which signing will the Cubs regret most? (“I was totally right!”)
- Chicago Cubs’ best bargain deals
- Chicago Cubs: Former players hopeful for shot at HOF
- Cubs’ search for center fielder nothing new
- Chicago Cubs: Taking a look at the Cubs’ top starting rotations
- Chicago Cubs: Looking back at impact offseason trades